Selling a Home
Top Seller Mistakes
- Trying to hide significant problems: Either fix the problem ahead of time or price the property accordingly.
- Not preparing the home for sale: You need to deep clean, de-clutter, and start packing! Remember when it comes to selling – less is more.
- Skimping on listing photos: With the Internet, photos are your first showings. Hire a professional photographer.
- Not accommodating potential buyers. If someone wants to view your home, try to accommodate the showing even if it is inconvenient.
- Expecting to get your asking price: Buyers will negotiate. You need to prepare to play the game.
- Setting an unrealistic price: Buyers will do a comparative market analysis to figure out a fair beginning price. So as a seller, you should be ahead of the game. Today’s buyers are very savvy.
- Getting emotionally involved: Once you decide to sell, think of yourself as a business person, rather than a homeowner.
- Not hiring an agent!